Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Data

Went through two interesting data today.
One is about chinese labour shortage. This is something I was expecting to happen a little later. Looks like it has started to happen already. I was amused by the avergae age of labours working in worlds largest aptop manufacturer when I was there in their factory for some official work. They were so young and belonged to the same age group, and almost every where in china this is what was happening. I used to wonder what the next gen in China will do esp after population starts to shrink. I dont think that newer and newer generation wont toil as much as the present generationa and that is going to cause some issues.
Looks like there is an interesting angle of rising rural incomes also contributing to this. So unless chips shrink faster, the smart phones and laptops are going to get expensive?
Anyway here is WSJ article

Second one is more interesting. Present government in TN is more famous for bringing the TV free (even if you have LCD panel) and rice for 1Rsper KG. Now they have started to give a lakh insurance per family too. And how did they manage to do that? A lot of heavy lifting comes from unexpected "quarter" of the government for which the revenues are growing at more than 100+% A dream run for any corporate.

No comments:

Post a Comment